Every cell in the body produces glutathione, it is known as the “Mother of All Antioxidants” and more and more research is showing that we as a society at large are grossly deficient in it. Glutathione is also a key component in our body’s natural, detoxification system. Our body uses gluthathione as a tool to convert fat soluble toxins stored in our visceral fat into water soluble so that we can pass them via urine and clear them from the body. A deficiency in glutathione makes our cells more prone to damage from oxidative stress which can lead to a whole host of illnesses.
We are deficient because:
- Pre-mature aging
- Chronic stress
- Environmental toxins
- So-called “health foods”
- Genetically modified foods
- Artificial sweeteners
- Overuse of antibiotics
- And radiation therapy that is all too easily given to cancer patients today
Some of the benefits of glutathione:
- Plays a crucial role in immune function.
- Promotes T-cell function, which is critical for a strong immune system.
- Helps prevent drug resistance.
- Protects from environmental toxins
- And it fights cancer
Here are some natural, plant based sources of glutathione:
- Milk Thistle
- Bok Choy
- Brussel Sprouts
- Collard Greens
- Mustard greens
You can find more information on our friend Dr. Axe’s site