Thai Style Butternut Squash Zucchini Alfredo (vegan, gluten free)
Creamy, sweet, savory and satisfying.
- 2 cups Butternut Squash peeled, chopped
- 1 medium Yellow Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced, divided
- 1 cup Canned Coconut Milk full fat
- 1 cup Vegetable broth organic
- 1 tsp Arrowroot powder
- 12 ounces Shiitake mushrooms sliced, divided into 6 ounce portions
- 4 medium Zucchini spiralized
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Cumin divided
- 3/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt divided into 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 tsp Black Pepper divided into 1/4 tsp
- 3 tbs Avocado Oil divided
Preheat the oven to 375. Place the squash in a single layer in a baking dish, drizzle with 1 tbs avocado oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and 1 tsp of Cumin. Roast for 45 mins or until tender.
In a hot sauté pan, combine the chopped onions, 6 ounces of mushrooms, 1 tbs garlic and 1 tbs avocado oil. Sauté until carmelized.
Add the veggie broth and coconut milk to the carmelized veggies, reduce the heat and stir to combine.
In a separate pan combine the remaining avocado oil, mushrooms, 1 clove minced garlic, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Sauté the mushrooms until carmelized and set aside to be used as a topping.
Combine the roasted squash and veggie sauce in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour the blended sauce back into the sauté pan, add the arrowroot, remaining cumin, salt and pepper and whisk on low heat until the sauce thickens.
Add the spiralized zucchini to the sauce and toss to combine. For more tender noodles, cook for 3 to 5 minutes on low before serving.
Plate individual portions and top with the carmelized mushrooms previously set aside.