Mushroom Lentil Salad (vegan, gluten free)
Protein packed and super savory
- 1 cup French Green Lentils
- 4 cups Vegetable stock or water
- 4 cups Mushrooms, buttons and Baby Bellas mixed
- 1 small Onion yellow, finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 2 tbsp Parsley fresh, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Arugula
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Lemon cut into wedges (4)
Place the lentils into a sauce pan with the vegetable stock or water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
Simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
In a large sauté pan, heat the oil and then add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are tender.
Add the mushrooms and chili flakes into the sauté pan, stirring frequently until they are wilted (approximately 2 minutes). Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, combine the cooled lentils and mushroom mixture. Season with the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Toss until well combined.
Serve over a bed of arugula, add a squeeze of lemon juice to dress (1 wedge per serving).