Used for nearly 5000 years for its potent medicinal properties, Chamomile oil, tinctures and tea pack a huge antioxidant punch. Anti-oxidants are what help our body neutralize damaging free radicals which are created due to toxin exposure, poor diet and stress. Here are some other health benefits of chamomile.
- Fights anxiety and depression. The aroma travels directly to the olfactory part of the brain and turns off tension and anxiety.
- Strong anti-inflammatory and anti-pain benefits.
- Reduces digestive issues including cramping, diarrhea, constipation and can even help heal leaky gut. Chamomile is often used to help treat symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Helps fight cancer. Antioxidants called apigenin found in chamomile have been shown to help fight skin, prostate, breast and ovarian cancers.
- Promotes heart health with high levels of flavanoids.