Apple Pie Proughnuts (gluten free, vegan)
No more guilt! Enjoy these protein rich, low fat, low carb goodies for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert or a snack
- 2/3 cup Vegan vanilla protein powder We use IsaLean vanilla chai
- 2 tbs Apple sauce organic
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Clove
- 2 Eggs or equivalent gluten free vegan egg substitute
- 2 tbs Water
- 2 tbs Coconut sugar
- 1 cup Apple organic, peeled and diced
- 1 tbs Gluten free flour
Preheat the oven the to 325 degrees.
Combine all ingredients except the apples and flour in a bowl and mix well until thoroughly combined.
In a separate bowl combine the apples with the flour and toss until well coated. Discard any excess flour and fold the apples into the doughnut batter.
Use a piping bag or large resealable plastic food storage bag with the corner cut off to pipe the batter into a greased doughnut pan.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.