Today’s Tasty Tuesday dessert recipe comes from one of our favorite companies, Enjoy Life. We wanted to celebrate football season with you and share this allergen friendly company. You can see the original recipe by following the link above. ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL……COOKIES?
Makes 20-24 cookies
- 1 1/3 C. gluten free flour blend
- 1 t. guar gum (not needed if your flour blend contains xanathan gum)
- 1/3 C. quinoa flakes
- 1 t. baking soda
- ¾ t. salt
- 1 c. sunflower seed spread
- ½ c. allergy-friendly shortening
- 1 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 t. flax meal + 3 T. warm water
- 1 t. vanilla extract
Football Lace Frosting
- ½ c. Enjoy Life Foods Mini Chips
- ½ t. flavorless oil (we like avocado)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two sheet trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together the gluten free flour, guar gym, quinoa flakes, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer whip together the sunflower seed spread and allergy-friendly shortening. Mix a minute or two until a little fluffy.
- Add the brown sugar, the flax meal-water mixture and the vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Sprinkle in the flour mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons worth of dough and shape into a small football. Place on the parchment and gently press to flatten slightly. Continue with remaining dough.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes until cooked through. Cool.
- For the football laces melt together the Mini Chips and the oil until smooth either over a water bath on the stove or in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Remove from heat and cool 10-15 minutes.
- Turn cookies upside down for frosting, they’re easier to frost on the flat side!
- Pour into a piping bag fit with a narrow tip or into an uncut resealable plastic bag. If using the plastic bag twist to close off the top to form just a small pocket where the chocolate is. Then snip a tiny bit off one of the tips, hold upside down when you aren’t piping the laces and then turn the correct way to for the football laces.
- Pop in the fridge for 20 minutes to set and then enjoy!