Red Curry Carrot Soup (gluten free, vegan)
Creamy curry goodness for a meal, snack or appetizer
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 lbs Carrots Organic, peeled, diced
- 2 medium Vidalia onions diced
- 2 cloves Garlic peeled and diced
- 1 inch Ginger peeled and diced
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 4 cups Vegetable broth organic
- 2 tsp Garlic salt
- 2 tbsp Red curry paste
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Lime
- Small handful fresh cilantro washed and chopped
Heat 2 tbs of avocado oil in a large pot. Saute the onion, garlic and ginger until soft, about 2 minutes. Add carrots, garlic salt, cumin, turmeric, curry paste and cook until carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth and coconut milk and simmer about 20 minutes on medium heat.
Using an immersion blender or blender blend until creamy.
Portion out and add fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice for garnish.