Not Your Traditional Tomato Soup (vegan, gluten free)
Cauliflower gives this zesty soup its creamy base
- 3 tbsp Avocado oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium Onion yellow, diced
- 2 28 ounce Whole, peeled tomatoes canned, organic
- 1 head Organic cauliflower small, rough chop
- 2 tsp Oregano dried
- 2 tsp Basil dried
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup Organic vegetable broth
In a large stock pot over medium heat add the avocado oil, garlic and onion and sauté until tender (3-5 minutes).
Add the tomatoes, cauliflower, oregano, basil and 1/2 cup vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
Remove from the heat and pour into a blender or use an immersion blender to puree the mix.
Return the puree to the pot, add the salt and nutritional yeast and simmer on low for 10 to 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
Portion out and serve topped with fresh basil or red pepper flakes for garnish.