Fab's Roasted Harvest Soup (vegan, gluten free)
Loaded with antioxidants, vitamin A and cancer fighting goodness, this is a comfort food that is also good for you.
- 4 medium Carrots organic, peeled
- 1 large Butternut squash peeled and seeded
- 2 medium Onions yellow, chopped
- 3 Granny smith apples organic, peeled and diced
- 2 15 oz cans Pumpkin puree organic
- 4 clove Garlic peeled
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond or coconut milk or the non dairy milk of your choice
- 2/3 cup Orange juice fresh squeezed or organic, no pulp
- 4 cups Vegetable broth* organic, low sodium
- 2 tbsp Better than Boullion* added to 4 cups hot water optional alternative to store bough veggie broth
- 3 tbs Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Clove
- 1 tsp Ginger fresh grated or powdered
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin pie seasoning
- Dried cranberries organic, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. While it is warming, prepare all vegetables (peel, seed, rough chop).
Combine all veggies and garlic in a deep roasting pan and toss with the avocado oil, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ginger and salt. Roast until tender with a fork (approximately 60 minutes)
Optional Step: Make you own veggie broth. In a medium pot on med heat combine 2 tbsp of Better Than Boullion with 4 cups of hot water. Stir well to combine and then set aside to cool slightly.
Once fork tender, remove the vegetables from the oven and let cool slightly.
In small batches (approximately 3), place the roasted veggies into a blender or food processor to puree, adding approximately a third of the veggie broth, a third of the non dairy milk, a third of the orange juice and a third of the canned pumpkin to each batch. Blend until silky smooth.
Option 1: Combine the pureed veggie mixture and pumpkin pie spice in a large stock pan. Stir well to combine and let simmer for 15-20 minutes on medium low heat.
Option 2: Combine the pureed veggie mixture and pumpkin pie spice in a crock pot and set on low for at least 1 hour or until you are ready to serve.
Garnish with dried cranberries and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice