Vegan Mushroom Risotto
One of my favorites to add to any meal or eat by itself.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups white, mushrooms
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 cup risotto rice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large saute pan. Add the garlic and onion and cook on medium heat until softened.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the rice and immediately pour in the vegetable stock, coconut milk, white wine, vinegar, and soy sauce.
4. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for about 30 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and rice is cooked, add more milk if needed.
5. Once cooked stir in the nutritional yeast, garlic salt, and chopped fresh parsley
6. Add salt and pepper to taste- Serve and enjoy!