Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
- 3 lbs Organic ripe plum tomatoes- Quartered
- 1 large vadalia onion sliced
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp avocado oil use 1 tbsp for roasting and 1 tbsp for soup
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp dry italian herbs
- 1 28oz Can organic crushed tomatoes
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 1 tsp organic raw sugar
- 1 tsp pink salt and pepper
- 1 handful washed organic basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. On a lined or greased baking sheet, toss together the tomatoes, onions, olive oil, and dry italian spices. Spread single layer and roast 30-40 minutes.
On your stove set to medium heat with large soup pot, add your oil and garlic cloves (minced). When you start to smell that garlic add your roasted vegetables, can of tomatoes, and vegetable stock, bring to a simmer.
Add the sugar, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Let cook uncovered for about 20 minutes, add in chopped basil, and then immersion blend to puree the soup to the consistency you desire.
Feel free to save some chopped basil for garnish.